Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity Ploy?

Options
  • 05-09-2012 1:45am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭

What I don't like is the way airtricity went back on their word, when last October they claimed they wouldn't be rising the price of the standing charge. Why are airtricity standing charges higher?? There is no reason for the standing charges to be higher for airtricity, (than with Bord Gais or ESB) since its the exact same service to maintain the lines and check the meters, ect. Airtricity will now rake in nearly a billion extra annually. I see alot of cold callers for airtricity now who sell the product based on the lower unit prices (which last a year or so), but of course fail to mention that the standing charges are, (in most cases) about 10 cents more expensive per day, than with the previous supplier. This mean one will lose more than €70 over the course of 2 years, which counteracts the reductions given by airtricity. What I've explained is for electricity. But I wasn't surprised when I discovered that the standing charges for gas were also more expensive. If airtricity really needed extra revenue, then why didn't they just raise the unit price?? Do you like me, think that this is a ploy? or is it just a coincidnece that the extra charges are hidden?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Paragraphs man!

Also, prepare to be locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I don't use electricity. All the appliances in my home are powered by my own sense of self-satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I don't use electricity. All the appliances in my home are powered by my own sense of self-satisfaction.

Do you get a power surge when you masturbate?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Air it here,OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement