Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving time from Ennis to Limerick?

Options
  • 04-09-2012 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi,

Could someone please tell me how long it takes to drive from Ennis to Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

It depends where exactly you're going to. I'd say 30 minutes. Check out the route planner for an exact time/distance.

http://routes.aaireland.ie/#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

MrsD007 wrote: »
    It depends where exactly you're going to. I'd say 30 minutes. Check out the route planner for an exact time/distance.

http://routes.aaireland.ie/#

Thanks, I'm travelling from the Annacotty/Castletroy area. AA route planner says it is 51 kms and will take 43 mins. Anyone know of any regular speed traps to look out for on the route?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just stick to the limit all the way, theyre somitemes there when youre coming out of the tunnel, around bunratty, and between Newmarket and ennis. But I travel that road every day and I rarely see anyone,

Tunnel is 80kmph, the only bit you're likely to be speeding on without noticing Most people will be going faster than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Username99 wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm travelling from the Annacotty/Castletroy area. AA route planner says it is 51 kms and will take 43 mins. Anyone know of any regular speed traps to look out for on the route?

Are you serious? Or just young?

Serious about what? I'm from Waterford, only moved to Limerick last month for work, dont know the area at all, have to travel up to Ennis for work related business next week, decided I would use Boards to get some information on the route. I asked a question about speed traps as I drive (If i'm being honest) a little bit excessively.

So what is your problem? Are you just young?

If your from the area, instead of taking the time out of your 'busy' schedule to post condesending remarks towards me, why did you not just use your time in a more productive manner and actually answer my question!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Drive within the speed limits and you won't need to worry about speed traps. Then the rest of us who drive these same roads regularly and have family members, young and old, who drive these roads regularly, won't have to worry about what might be caused by your excessive speeds!

The 43 minutes from the AA route planner sounds fairly correct. It is a long route though in order to avoid city centre and traffic snarls.

Balagan wrote: »
    Drive within the speed limits and you won't need to worry about speed traps. Then the rest of us who drive these same roads regularly and have family members, young and old, who drive these roads regularly, won't have to worry about what might be caused by your excessive speeds!

The 43 minutes from the AA route planner sounds fairly correct. It is a long route though in order to avoid city centre and traffic snarls.

Thanks for the advice, I dont think the regular road users will have to worry about me driving mabye 20 KMPH over the speed limit on a motorway, but i'll be sure to keep it in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i live in annacotty, but from ennis, go there weekly, 35mins on the button using the tunnel, haven't seen any traps on the way to ennis in ages, but where I have seen them, there's a spot just before the tunnel also on the straight to bunratty just after cratloe there's a spot they use also. But haven't seen them there in yonks....

Ennis to limerick tho, the bend you come into before the road splits to city and tunnel, there's a mobile unit there quite often, just slow down coming into that bend, as theres no spotting them, you get snared handy enough. Got done myself for the first time 11 years driving only last month, 117 in a 100 ! 2 points and a fine in the post :-/ lesson learnt. :)

Stuxnet wrote: »
    i live in annacotty, but from ennis, go there weekly, 35mins on the button using the tunnel, haven't seen any traps on the way to ennis in ages, but where I have seen them, there's a spot just before the tunnel also on the straight to bunratty just after cratloe there's a spot they use also. But haven't seen them there in yonks....

Ennis to limerick tho, the bend you come into before the road splits to city and tunnel, there's a mobile unit there quite often, just slow down coming into that bend, as theres no spotting them, you get snared handy enough. Got done myself for the first time 11 years driving only last month, 117 in a 100 ! 2 points and a fine in the post :-/ lesson learnt. :)[/QUOT

Thanks, very helpful. Sorry to hear of your misfortune

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Username99 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, I dont think the regular road users will have to worry about me driving mabye 20 KMPH over the speed limit on a motorway, but i'll be sure to keep it in mind.

Be aware it is not motorway between the tunnel and Newmarket-on-Fergus, so it is a 100Kph limit and not 120Kmph.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Be aware it is not motorway between the tunnel and Newmarket-on-Fergus, so it is a 100Kph limit and not 120Kmph.

Thought it became motorway at or aroumd the last Shannon Airport exit?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Yup, it's a Motorway from Shannon to close enough to Gort, it's a dual carriage way from Shannon to Limerick (no alternative road up to A standard).

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

It is motorway (120kph) north of Shannon to Ennis (and beyond) but dual carriageway (100kph) from Shannon through to the tunnel (80kph) then back to 100kph from tunnel to start of motorway (120kph) out past Rosbrien / Cork road junction, I believe

Advertisement