Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Webcam please

Options
  • 04-09-2012 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I am a bit technologically challenged hence only starting to get set up for Skype now as close friend has emigrated .. anyways, I need a half decent webcam but am clueless ... will only be using it for Skype so don't want to spend a lot on it but at the same time don't want to buy something crap and end up haveing to replace it ... any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

You rarely need a high def webcam for video conferencing.

Any cheapo 640x480 resolution would do, or 800x600 would be better.
    Maybe with a built-in microphone too.

If you use a laptop, you want one that has a nice clip to clip on to your laptop screen... if you use a desktop then you want one that will stand up on its own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

One of the best consumer webcams there is, up to 1080p Full HD, 90 Euro at Komplett.

If that's too expensive, the MS LifeCam HD with up to 720p for 30 yoyos at Dabs is a pretty good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mouzi

best one I've foun dis HUE webcam- plug n play, gooseneck and option to plug in a base or strainght into USB . boughtmine on Amazon

Advertisement