Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rent Supplement Forms

Options
  • 04-09-2012 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the new forms you need to complete for the Rent Supplement?

I asked for one this morning, as we need to re-start our claim. It's an A4 booklet with over 100 questions!!! I've never seen anything like it...

I'm reasonably good with paperwork, but I wonder how someone who isn't or not physically able to cope with so much writing will cope. We started the form 40 minutes ago and still haven't finished it. I'm losing the will to live...

They also want full details from the landlord, not just verifying we live there and the rent, but also want additional information.

I know that costs have to be tightly controlled, but can't help thinking that by complicating the form, might this put people off applying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    yes not too impressed with it myself. I went online to get the SW3 to claim rent supp as when I phoned the cwo to check the rent limits he said to fill it in.

But SW3 no longer available online. The new form is SWA_RS1. Its 24 pages long! took ages to print - although to be fair a lot of it is not relevant to me and it does combine the SW1 and SW3 you would need for rent supp. (Its actually about the same length as the mat benefit form I had to fill in a few months ago)

Not too happy about having to go back onto rent supp - but I have just started mat leave and mat benefit and hubbies jsa mean that we now requalify.
    getting landlady to fill in her section on Thursday.

Advertisement