Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Ireland - Data Roaming charges

Options
  • 04-09-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So, I've got an iPhone with 3 on that prepay plan with unlimited data for €20 a month. Does anyone know if extra roaming charges apply to use data internationally? Will I be charged extra for using (prepaid) data in France? I'm not using that Like Home bundle, btw.

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You wont be using it for long at 86.10c per MB!

http://apps.three.ie/roaming/roaming/view/prepay/fr

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LolageIsPower

PER MB!? Sweet infant Jesus.
    Pfft, ok. "All you can eat" does not apply to French cuisine then.
    Hey, sound for your help, anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Think you're reading it wrong here guys.

Like home is a system not a plan or bundle.

Put simply:
    When you are on 3FR its like you are on 3IRL, no change

If you dont have 3FR in range THEN you move to OrangeFR etc and get charger PER MB as above.

If you're careful you wont have any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

ED E wrote: »
    Think you're reading it wrong here guys.

Like home is a system not a plan or bundle.

Put simply:
    When you are on 3FR its like you are on 3IRL, no change

If you dont have 3FR in range THEN you move to OrangeFR etc and get charger PER MB as above.

If you're careful you wont have any problems.

No such network as 3FR... There is no like home roaming in France
    http://apps.three.ie/roaming/roaming/view/prepay/fr

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭kenyard

nah roaming is roaming. its rediculous. i witnessed this on o2 also. the only company which offers decent anything abroad is unfortunately vodafone...
    and at that im not sure of their prices, but genearlly they let u do stuff because they are in so much of europe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

F'ck. Was sure Like Home worked in france. Damnit. Going to paris this weekend, this screws things up(no maps, gonna have to preload a LOT).

Feck.

Advertisement