Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipass - Certified payroll technician course

Options
  • 04-09-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi just wondering has anyone done the certified payroll technician course?
    If so was it worth doing it eg. did you get a job/ what are employment prospects like after doing this course?

And also is it very hard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bluestar4

I done it last year very very interesting course not that difficult and exams are fine once you do a reasonable amount of work each week, employment wise i am finding it difficult to find a full time permanent position though you will find all payroll positions being advertised are part time or temporary or require a number of years experience. what area are you working in?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭mary55

I am working in administration in an office. I suppose there is little point in doing it really because I have no experience in the area. Thanks you for your reply though. what area do u work in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

Hi Mary55, i would have to agree with bluestar4. Its a very interesting course and not too difficult proving you put a few hours in each week for study. The course covers payroll and employment law (HR). If you are interested in this area of employment than go for it. I finished the certified course and am now going on to do the diploma. if you have and questions just ask.

Advertisement