Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDermott joins Ireland staff for World T20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

huge news

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

great appointment but I find it hard to see how such a short term contract like this can actually provide a tangible improvement with our bowlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

seems to be making a difference straight away, from Kevin O'Briens blog

"To finish off my day I did some bowling work with Craig McDermott. ‘Billy’ has great experience and a vast range of knowledge after his impressive international career and last year worked wonders with the Australian bowlers as the beat India 4-0. It is great to have Billy part of the group for this trip, and he will be a valuable asset over the next few weeks. Within 5 minutes, he had changed my grip on the ball slightly and had me swinging the ball away to the right handed batsman, something I haven’t done since I was about 13. Having spoken to a few of the bowlers we are all looking forward to more sessions with Billy over the coming weeks, hoping to continue to improve as bowlers. "

Advertisement