Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking permit

Options
  • 04-09-2012 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

So just moved to Limerick for work purpose and getting around to applying for a parking permit. Limerick City Coucil's webistes states that I need:

1. Valid Driver’s Licence

2. Certificate of Registration for the address you are applying for.

3. Certificate of Insurance for the address you are applying for.

4. (a) Current Utility Bill for the address you are applying for (e.g. ESB, Phone (landline) or Gas) or copy of Lease/Tenancy Agreement or Rent Book.
    (b) If you are a first-time applicant, proof of ownership of property or copy of Lease/Tenancy Agreement is needed

5. Be on the Register of Electors for the address you are applying for.

6. Fee of €6.35 (Payment of fee does not constitute an undertaking by us to issue a Parking Permit)

7. For a Change of Address or Change of Car Registration, previous Residential Parking Permit must be submitted before new Permit can be issued.

Certificate of Insurance and electoral register are giving me difficulties. I dont want to change either of them.

Anyone any experience with this process? Any flexability

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

fi314 wrote: »
    Certificate of Insurance and electoral register are giving me difficulties. I dont want to change either of them.
    You do realise that you could be invalidating your insurance - utmost good faith and all that?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fi314

To be honest I hadn't even thought of that!- Thanks for the tip

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Seems very strict have to be registered to vote why?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

bigpink wrote: »
    Seems very strict have to be registered to vote why?
    Because some people are lying scumbags.

Either they would be making a false declaration on the electoral register or in the parking permit application.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fi314

Harsh language from a moderator!
    Some people may only be living in Limerick solely for work purpose (ie Monday morning to Friday evening) and may not consider themselves a resident of Limerick per se. Same goes for students

Depends on your definition of resident
    ‘The term "residence", for purposes of voting, means the principal or primary home or place of abode of a person. Principal or primary home or place of abode is that home or place in which the person's habitation is fixed and to which a person, whenever he or she is absent, has the present intention of returning after a departure or absence there from, regardless of the duration of the absence. ‘
    Seems to be there is that there is a case against the request of being on the election register

• Advertisement
Advertisement