Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Pay - Not being informed its unpaid

Options
  • 04-09-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All,

Just looking abit of advice, I recently took two weeks off on holidays which was granted by the Vendor/HR. --- the way you go about applying for holidays is you send your request to vendor they check your holiday available and grant it on that basis. So I get informed by my manager that the holidays where granted. So I take the two weeks off, to come back and find that I wasn't paid for my last week, as I hadn't got the holiday entitlement. On no occasion was I informed that I hadn't got the entitlement nor was I contacted on my time off to be informed that last week would be unpaid.

Furthermore, the person who checked off my timesheet as unpaid and made the error in the first place left the company the friday before my last week of holidays, and didn't inform any other members of the vendor team. Just went on the basis, she's leaving and someone else can deal with it.

I have spoken to my vendor and they've informed me that there is nothing they can do and that they've spoken to their finance department and they won't reimburse me due to not accruing the hours. Now here is something else to take into consideration, the vendor doesn't permit unpaid leave unless under special circumstances i.e funerals etc. So why was I granted 1 week of unpaid leave?? Does this not point out that something or someone has done something wrong here and i'm being punished? I would have been happy to come in the second week if informed, well wouldn't say happy. But financially it would have made sense.

My question is, am I entitled to be reimbursed for their mistake? and what rights do I have?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

How long are you working for the company? What is the 'vendor' you refer to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Are you a contractor? Self-employed people only get paid by customer for days worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 GerWoods

I have been working for the company for 7months, the Vendor is Manpower

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You don't work for the company then, you contract for Manpower. Take up the problem with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Manpower is responsible for Holiday Pay etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement