Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently Homeless and need advice.

Options
  • 04-09-2012 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I was recently kicked out of my home. I am 19.
    I didn't get along with my mother's boyfriend. He was abusive towards her and threatens me. I stood up to him and my mum disapproved and told me to leave.

I packed all my stuff and went to my friends where I am currently still living.
    I have no money, but on the 15th of Sept. I will have been out of school 3 months so I think I can get the dole.
    I was suppose to start college this year but my mum won't guarantor on a loan for me so I had to deffer for a year.

I hate sponging off my friend so I need advice on whether I can get rent allowance for a small apartment, and how much dole I can get.
    It is only for a year until I can apply for a grant, so I can go to college!

Thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Wanting wrote: »
    I was recently kicked out of my home. I am 19.
    I didn't get along with my mother's boyfriend. He was abusive towards her and threatens me. I stood up to him and my mum disapproved and told me to leave.

I packed all my stuff and went to my friends where I am currently still living.
    I have no money, but on the 15th of Sept. I will have been out of school 3 months so I think I can get the dole.
    I was suppose to start college this year but my mum won't guarantor on a loan for me so I had to deffer for a year.

I hate sponging off my friend so I need advice on whether I can get rent allowance for a small apartment, and how much dole I can get.
    It is only for a year until I can apply for a grant, so I can go to college!

Thank you!

Go and talk to your local Community Welfare officer now.

Advertisement