Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get MacBook fixed

Options
  • 03-09-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all,
    A secondhand MacBook has just been passed on to me, but when I tried to play a DVD on it last night the DVD didn't register and is just stuck in there. I tried to jiggle it with another DVD but that DVD went in and disappeared too. I didn't know it could even do that! Conclusion - it's a bit fecked. Anyone know where I can take it to get fixed?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Galmac on the tuam rd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Galmac are a long established Apple store on Tuam Road beside AIB.

Staff are very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,822 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah I can vouch for Galmac too.

They are in Liosban estate on the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

And to get a DVD out of a Mac, there's a little hole beside the DVD slot; poke a (metal) paperclip gently in and it should eject. Though if there's two in there I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,977 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Place beside the Merry Fiddler on Prospect Hill had a sign saying 'free troubleshooting' and 'no fix no fee' if that's any good for you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Place beside the Merry Fiddler on Prospect Hill had a sign saying 'free troubleshooting' and 'no fix no fee' if that's any good for you.

Anywhere that offers a service on a "no fix no fee" basis is generally just chancing their arm, they are bluffing and are willing to "give it a try".

In my experience.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Have you tried holding down the trackpad button when its starting up. This usually gets a disc out.

Advertisement