Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Company....

Options
  • 03-09-2012 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Ok so i am completely lost lads..:( i have literally no idea what to do for my TY Mini company and if i cant come up with an idea, well then its gonna be ****e lets face it>:mad: So I really need feedback on what you think would be a good idea or what you have used for an idea in the past :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Know your looking for idea's but the big dont's are definitely football jerseys,jumpers and having a gaming tournament in the school ;)

I know some lads in our school made a bit off a penalty shoot out competition? Washing cars is always a good one too especially if you get all the teachers to pay you, try and brainstorm idea's they dont even have to be that unique. I was at the finals last year as a spectator and I thought some of the companys that managed to get there were a bit of a joke to be honest :pac:

Also do any of your group have any unique skills, like being able to play guitar? If you managed to get a group of people to take up music lessons during school time im sure you could make a bit off that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 irishness

I know like everyone does bloody muffins and jumpers and its rubbish and they make no money at all :L

I'm trying to come up with unique ideas to make money :confused: but its a lot easier said then done:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

irishness wrote: »
    I know like everyone does bloody muffins and jumpers and its rubbish and they make no money at all :L

I'm trying to come up with unique ideas to make money :confused: but its a lot easier said then done:(

I dont want to put you down but we came up with a very good unique idea in our mini-company if i do say so myself :P And the judges didn't like our product because they thought it would just be a fad and went with a board game mini-company instead.

And we put an unreal amount of effort into it, sold 1600 of our products and made a nice profit of about 800-900 euro and they didn't put us through, we were pissed!! :L Not trying to put you down or anything but honestly i think car washing would be a very good idea, dead easy to do, cheap to setup and your guaranteed some sort of market if you do it properly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭missguided

I'd really recommend an app. If you have anyone anyway techy in your group you can make quite a lot, and still continue to make money after the year has finished.

Advertisement