Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fan RPM and Overheating

Options
  • 03-09-2012 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi, i have a late 2011 13" macbook pro i5 with 4gb ram and 500gb hardrive. The fan is always real noisy and the mac itself is pretty warm. While im typing this i have safari, iTunes, mail and activity monitor open. On istatpro it the fan is currently running 6196 rpm and the hard drive is at 38 degrees and the cpu at 93 degrees. Im bringing it to compu b next week for a screen repair and i was just wondering is there anything they can do to fix this because im pretty sure the rpm should not be this high running simple programs.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

I'd say a temperature sensor is faulty. why does the display need replacing?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭airbus125

I'd say a temperature sensor is faulty. why does the display need replacing?
    Well it may just need a new hinge but its real squeaky every time i open and close it.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭airbus125

Just went through activity monitor again and it turned out it was gimp.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

good find

Advertisement