Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark classical music

Options
  • 03-09-2012 4:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37

I'm a dark and very intelligent lad, so obviously the kind of music I would like is dark classical music pieces on piano or something like that. Satie Gnossiennes. I want to know some dark classical pieces that I can listen to in my dark night of the soul. I'm an intelligent person so I can't listen to normal music like my friends, they listen to pop and rock, I need other kinds of music.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Ciaran0

Dark Dude wrote: »
    I'm a dark and very intelligent lad, so obviously the kind of music I would like is dark classical music pieces on piano or something like that. Satie Gnossiennes. I want to know some dark classical pieces that I can listen to in my dark night of the soul. I'm an intelligent person so I can't listen to normal music like my friends, they listen to pop and rock, I need other kinds of music.

Since when does you're intelligence level have anything to do with the music you listen to?

He's not classical, more minimalist really, but if you like piano pieces then try out Ludovico Einaudi. He's really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Ciaran0 wrote: »
    He's not classical, more minimalist really, but if you like piano pieces then try out Ludovico Einaudi. He's really good!
    I really wouldn't describe him as Dark though.

This on the other hand, I would:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭gitane007

• Registered Users Posts: 2 smidirini

Bartók for definite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EVqfj1noHQ

Also the surprise in this Scelsi will scare the bejazes out of ya: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GZgbt9sTcY

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Ciaran0 wrote: »

Since when does you're intelligence level have anything to do with the music you listen to?

It has everything to do with what music you like.

If you're looking for something to set the mood while you sip Cognac by the fire in an otherwise dark room, wearing a smoking jacket and trying forget the screams, I would look no further than Mahler's 2nd or 5th Symphonies.

However if you're looking more for something to help you draw demonic spirits from other dimensions and into your stereo, I'd recommend 'Threnody for the victims of Hiroshima' by Penderecki or 'Atmosphères' by Ligeti.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I'm still not seeing the link to intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sanguine Fan

Dark Dude wrote: »

Sounds like you might fancy a bit of Byron mediated through the music of that troubled soul, Peter Tchaikovsky.

So give a listen to his Manfred Symphony. Music does not come much darker than this masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Mr Dude's dark soul is darkening the dark pit of dark despair that is a ban, so I think I'll just lock this thread. Darkly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement