Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting monitor to 2006 iMac.

Options
  • 03-09-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭

I've a late 2006 iMac (white one with the dodgy video card and overheating problem) and it is literally on its last legs. The display can be seen only some of the time and then only part of the screen is in any way useful. Drop down menus don't show anywhere and files cant easily be identified from folders. I'm about to replace it, but was hoping to keep it as I stream music from it. Obviously I need to be able to organise playlists etc so need to see what I'm doing.
    I've never connected another monitor so am unsure of this.

Can a connected external monitor be used as the sole monitor on this model?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ironnike

Buy an mini VGA adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I suspect if the video card is faulty that an external monitor isn't going to help. The video card drives both the internal and any external displays afaik.

Ken

Advertisement