Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness Benefit Question

Options
  • 03-09-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭

I've been off work for 6 weeks due to severe depression, I was told i would be paid by my employer if i had doctors certs which i did.

Now they are saying that they wont pay me, and that i should apply for illness benefit instead.

I've looked it up and it says i should have applied within 7 days, I would have if i was told this weeks ago.

Will they back date this? Or am i best just apllying and starting from today?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If you have been payed up to now apply from today,if not apply and ask if it can be backdated due to misunderstanding with employer(employer should be able to supply written evidence of same).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

So i'm going back to work, does anyone know when i hand in my FINAL cert do i get paid for that week and then it stops, or will lastweek be the last payment?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

As far as I remember you should hand in your last/final cert on say Friday,start work Monday you will be due a cheque for your last week off sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

mp22 wrote: »
    As far as I remember you should hand in your last/final cert on say Friday,start work Monday you will be due a cheque for your last week off sick.

Cool stuff thank you

Advertisement