Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers / Chnage of Address

Options
  • 03-09-2012 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I recently started getting jobseekers allowance, and in the next few days will have to leave my current address. When I leave my current address I will have to move in with relatives until I can find a new place to live (which will hopefully be in the next 2weeks, but is proving more difficult than expected).

I hope to move into a new place in the same area as my old place, thus not necessetating a move in Social Welfare offices - but obviously I wont be living in the place I told the social welfare people for around 2weeks. The relatives Im living with live in a different area completely, so saying Im there now would necessetate a change in SW offices.

My question is, should I go into the Social Welfare office and explain my situation, or should I wait the 2weeks and if I'm still living with relatives then, tell them and get my address changed to that area? I have no problem re: collecting my payments while Im living out of the area.

I have no intention of not telling them obviously, but I can imagine that moving to another area, and then moving back, will be complicate things a lot and I'll probably have no payment while it gets sorted out! My perfect scenario is going in and telling them the scenario with a "dont change anything for 2weeks so I have a chance to sort things out , then change it if needs be".
    Any advice or comments are appreciated!

Advertisement