Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Food Processor

Options
  • 03-09-2012 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Went down to Lidl's today to buy some multipurpose cleaner and some fruit and arrived home with the Silvercreast Food Processor.

While I needed (wanted) a food processor but had a limited budget I decided to go for the Lidl brand as I've had very good experience with them in the past.

If anyone has this food processor I'd be interested in hearing how you use the dough hook. The example recipe doesn't seem to make it that clear - at least not to me. I'm not working tomorrow and it will give me time to play about with the machine.
    Yeast dough
    Ingredients:
    500 g Wheat flour
    1 cube of Yeast (40 g) or 1 pack Dry yeast
    Approx. 1/4 l lukewarm Milk
    60 g Butter or Margarine
    40 g Sugar
    1 pkt Vanilla sugar
    1 btl. Citro-bake
    1 Egg
    Preparation:
    • Place the flour, dry yeast or crumbled yeast and
    all other ingredients (not directly on the yeast)
    into the mixing bowl.
    • Slowly mix everything, starting with the dough
    hook at level 1, then for 3 - 4 minutes on level 2.
    • Cover the bowl with a dish towel, place it in a
    warm place and let the dough rise until it has
    visibly increased its size.
    • Then knead the dough through once again.
    • After that, the dough is finished and you can process
    it further.
    FWIW I use a pretty standard bread recipe like you'd find on Delia's or Darina Allen's books/websites

From what I've read the Lidl Food Processor is based on the Bosch MUM 4 so anyone has that machine they might want to throw in there two-pence worth.

Many thanks
    Kevin

Advertisement