Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single parent Rent Allowance Query!

Options
  • 03-09-2012 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    I'm a single parent of one little boy aged 14mths. I am currently getting One-parent family payment of €217.80 per week and working 10hrs a week earning roughly €70.00 after tax. I am living with relatives at the moment but am eager to get out into my own place ASAP. My question is, how hard is it for lone parents to pay for rent, bills etc? I would be applying for rent allowance and intend on renting in either Co.Wicklow or South Co.Dublin. I have researched the rent allowance rates but I'm wondering how accurate these are; as in how do they assess how much they will give you? I currently pay €100.00 a week in rent and am finding it quite difficult to get by as I am doing nightcourses (Which I pay for myself) and pay for my own food, clothing etc.
    Would love to hear from some people in the same situation as me as I feel it's time to move out but am unsure whether it is worth the stress in the long run.
    Thanks in advance :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Every case is treated on its on merits re RA,perhaps this would be more suited to the property forum.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement