Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole & holidays

Options
  • 02-09-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

I was recently made redundant from my job in July and signed onto the dole straight away. I also filled out the form for a 3 week holiday I had booked before I knew I was losing my job. They confirmed that they would pay job benefit for 2 weeks and that I would get it in my next collection when I got back.

Now my question is what to do if I extend my holiday? Basically for personal family reasons, I need to stay on a little longer but this means missing one weeks payment as I don't think I would get back before the Friday. Would this mean not only missing that week's payment but also missing the 2 weeks payments for holidays? Or is it just one week that I will lose.

Hoping someone can advise as I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to risk messing up my JSB altogether.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You can take more than 2 weeks holidays,but you will not be payed for more than 2 weeks.You need to submit a new form UP30 showing the new dates for your return and you will be able to collect your holiday payment the following week.

Advertisement