Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social welfare into bank account?

Options
  • 02-09-2012 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

iv been on jobseekers allowance for the past few weeks and im going to register myself for self employment with the revenue. does anyone know if your self employed and still claiming a social welfare payment does it get put into your bank account or do you still have to go to the post office?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rebel fighter

They don't pay job seekers allowance into your bank account. If your going self employed then you won't qualify for job seekers allowance. If you are on the Back to Enterprise Allowance where you can keep your JSA for two years then you can be paid into your bank account every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

They don't pay job seekers allowance into your bank account. If your going self employed then you won't qualify for job seekers allowance. If you are on the Back to Enterprise Allowance where you can keep your JSA for two years then you can be paid into your bank account every week.

I believe that you there is an equivalent of JA for the self employed now. Its like the x's and o's. Basically for people who are self employed but on hard times, I don't think that would be relevant as you are starting a new business.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 peadarfrink

Self-employed people may qualify for a Jobseeker's payment - see http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Topics/PRSI/Pages/SocialInsuranceAndTheSelfEmployed.aspx#q7

• Registered Users Posts: 47 winnie the poo

hi all,

I went down to the welfare office this morning. they said I can keep my jobseekers allowance but will be assessed every 3 months on my income so I will need to show receipts and invoices. I wont get paid into my bank account tho.

hi all,

I went down to the welfare office this morning. they said I can keep my jobseekers allowance but will be assessed every 3 months on my income so I will need to show receipts and invoices. I wont get paid into my bank account tho.

So your going to get payed into the post office or by cheque?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 rebel fighter

Self-employed people may qualify for a Jobseeker's payment - see http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Topics/PRSI/Pages/SocialInsuranceAndTheSelfEmployed.aspx#q7
    When my business got into trouble last year and I couldn't pay myself a weekly wage for 12 weeks and went to social welfare for help they would not help me. My accountant advised the only option I had was to de-register my company. A year and bit later I still haven't been approved JSA and got refused two or three times already. Another reason why I'll never be self employed in Ireland ever again unless the business is rock solid.

When my business got into trouble last year and I couldn't pay myself a weekly wage for 12 weeks and went to social welfare for help they would not help me. My accountant advised the only option I had was to de-register my company. A year and bit later I still haven't been approved JSA and got refused two or three times already. Another reason why I'll never be self employed in Ireland ever again unless the business is rock solid.

Thats very strange, although i believe their was a change in the law to allow self employed people get access to JA. Cant say I know the ins and outs but I do know 4 people who are self employed for years and are now getting JA. While still employed.

Advertisement