Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA PAX Wardrobe bottom board broken

Options
  • 02-09-2012 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,
    Anybody Know where I could get a new bottom shelf for a PAX wardrobe? We'll call IKEA, but that's not usually a part they give away separately. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Stusstuss wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Anybody Know where I could get a new bottom shelf for a PAX wardrobe? We'll call IKEA, but that's not usually a part they give away separately. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Ikea sell the shelves seperately,so you can mix and match their wardrobes to suit.There are downstairs in the warehouse area where all the different isles have number on them.

Its about 10-12 euro for a 2 pack of shelves.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

As paddy says, just buy a 2 pack of the shelves and do a little bit of drilling to make the correct holes in it.

Where did the old one break? I would guess at the edge where the metal fixings / dowels go in. Just attach a 2x1 or 2x2 battons to either side, in the base part the re attach the bottom to these.

As paddy says, just buy a 2 pack of the shelves and do a little bit of drilling to make the correct holes in it.

Where did the old one break? I would guess at the edge where the metal fixings / dowels go in. Just attach a 2x1 or 2x2 battons to either side, in the base part the re attach the bottom to these.

They sell shelves to suit each size/width of Pax wardrobe .

Pre-drilled too.

All you need to do,is pop off the old shelf and fit the new one in and slot is down over the shelf pins.:)

You can also buy the shelf locator pins too,in packs on 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I assumed the bottom of the wardrobe/carkas had broken and not just a shelf, hence ikea saying its not available as a spare part...

If it was just a shelf, surely ikea would of told him to buy the shelf pack....

I assumed the bottom of the wardrobe/carkas had broken and not just a shelf, hence ikea saying its not available as a spare part...

If it was just a shelf, surely ikea would of told him to buy the shelf pack....

I take it that he means he "will call" Ikea?????:confused:

Maybe thats it then,as in the carkas base.

The Pax sytems have a 10 year gurentee.

You sign up for it,and if something breaks,it will be replaced for free.

I have a bedroom kitted out with their sliding wardrobes and preses,and I have to say that they great.

You can customize your Ikea units to suit what you want and your needs.

They have vast array of shelves,trouser and tie hangers,and all sorts of storage and space saving fittings,that you can click into your wardrobe.

Very impressed by the quality.

• Advertisement

The more I read the thread title and think about it,the more I think you may be right.

When he says "bottom board" he may be refering to the very bottom of the Pax Wardrobe.

This does have several holes drilled in specific spaces,for mounting the dowels and also the stabalizers.

A normal shelf will do the job,but as you said some 2 x 1 and a re-drill of some holes would be needed to fit the piece.

Its an easy fix though.

PS-If the OP signed up for the 10 year guarentee,then they will replace the wardrobe for free (as long as the OP still has reciept and guarentee card).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stusstuss

Thanks, everybody! Indeed it is the bottom part - not a shelf.
    I'll check if my friend who gave me the wardrobe still has the receipt - maybe I can get it fixed under guarantee.

Advertisement