Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help reading marriage record

Options
  • 02-09-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

See attached marriage register, second record on the page, St. Lawrence, 18 September 1859. I’m practically convinced it’s the marriage of ‘Joanne Devine and Maria Anne Keogh’; Maryanne’s parents being ‘Darby Keogh and Joanna Crosby’. Can anyone decipher this and any other details on the left page, especially John’s parents’ names? All help appreciated!

http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/reels/st_lawrence_mf_1853-1880_ma_0427.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

That is insanely difficult...

I think the address for the groom is something 'Cottages'.

The groom's mothers surname looks like 'Connelly' or 'Donnelly'.

What do irishgenealogy have it transcribed as?

Edit: Oh I see. They have everyone transcribed as a 'Joanne/Joanna Hugh'. Very helpful :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

I believe this is the transcript...

Marriage of JOANNE ? of ? and MARIA ANNE HUGH of ? on 18 September 1859

It's out of focus, or possibly there was movement during the exposure - most probably like that on the film, but might be worth double checking in the NLI just in case it's the scan that had the problem.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mollymoo19

Thank you,
    I'll take a look at the original mf, in case it's any clearer.

Advertisement