Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springboard and registration fees

Options
  • 02-09-2012 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone has done a course through springboard and had all the fees covered including the registration fee? I just want to find out if the reg fee is included.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,931 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

My understanding is that they are completely free

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/applying_to_college/third_level_places_for_unemployed_people.html
    If you take up a Springboard course, you can keep your existing social welfare payment if you continue to fulfil the conditions for the payment.

You do not have to pay any course fees or charges while you are unemployed. If you take up a job while on a course, Springboard will also fund the fees for the full academic year. If your course extends into another academic year(s) the amount of fees payable will be a matter for your college to decide.

As Springboard courses are all part-time, you are not eligible for a student grant or the Back to Education Allowance.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

I'm not sure, but I think some colleges still make you pay a registration fee. Most should be completely free, some even include books.

Advertisement