Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power

Options
  • 02-09-2012 12:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Ive had enough with them. I stopped using them online because they are just a disgrace, i just went over to one of their shops to put money on Fabio Borini to score the first goal in the match today and they didnt even have him listed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Melion wrote: »
    Ive had enough with them. I stopped using them online because they are just a disgrace, i just went over to one of their shops to put money on Fabio Borini to score the first goal in the match today and they didnt even have him listed.

You dodged a bullet there, you should be happy. Plenty of other good online options anyway - Ladbrokes, Williamhill, bet365.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Betfair. You wont regret it. At least do it for the sign up bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

don`t go bet 365 they change the rules have a look for the aussie guy and bet 365 story on line worth a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

zarquon wrote: »
    You dodged a bullet there, you should be happy. Plenty of other good online options anyway - Ladbrokes, Williamhill, bet365.
    lol ladbrokes and wh. Seriously? What do you like about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

lol ladbrokes and wh. Seriously? What do you like about them?

Bet365 and betfair are my main sites, but the others offer decent markets but odds usually arent as good as bet365

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

everywhere I have bet always have a "others on request" stated, you should have asked at the counter and got them to phone headquarters to get you the odds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Ladbrokes is the worst bookie to ever exist. Their prices are almost always the worst available, I don't know why anyone would bet with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

bet365 and betfair
    i've tried them all

ladbrokes useless as are boyles
    paddy stingy but have good cashback offers from time to time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Whats the store with the 5 team accum that paddy power were doing for the last two weeks, it said if one team lose, you get your money back. Does this take longer than normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

I had a 5 team accum with 5 English teams and Hull were the only one let me down, so I presume I'll be getting my money back at some stage.

• Advertisement

I had a 5 team accum with 5 English teams and Hull were the only one let me down, so I presume I'll be getting my money back at some stage.
    Let me know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Whats the store with the 5 team accum that paddy power were doing for the last two weeks, it said if one team lose, you get your money back. Does this take longer than normal?
    Let me know how you get on

Lads I'm not throwing grenades here ...but ... I seem to remember reading in the (very) small print that this only applied to bets placed on mobile app

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Paddy Powers are the worst by a mile, avoild them at all costs!

backed a horse last nite for kemp tonite
    was declared a non runner early this morn
    i rang up after dealing with this clown and they told
    me they would get on to the trading dept to sort it out
    you can go into a shop anytime and get your money back
    for a non runner but not online...pathetic by paddy

DavidK Hi, my name is DavidK. How may I help you?

DavidK Hi Liam your chatting to Dave how can i help you today?

You: hi, my acc is could you look at a bet for me. its been a non runner since this morning....looking to get the money put back into my account...bet number is

DavidK Liam can i have the last 4 digits of your debit/credit card please?

You: 0305

DavidK Thank you.

DavidK Money back specials are applied 24 hours after the event Liam.

You its a single

You i dont know anything about a money back special...its a 4euro win on exotic isle

You and i dont see any money back special on that race as im looking at it

DavidK All money back specials are the same it could be settled before that but the information we have been told is money back special can take up to 24 hours to be applied i am however sorry you have not been informed of this previously Liam.

You:what is the money back special?

You: im looking at the 6.55 kemp...theres is no special i can see

DavidK Are you saying it was not a money back special?

You: i know it wasnt

You: its a single win stake on a horse...there are no money back specials tonite on kempton races

You: you really are losing me here

You look at my bet...look at the 6.55kempton... please

DavidK I am.

You: im a long time at this craic but this is a first

DavidK I am looking at the bet what am i looking for Liam?

You: the horse is question is a non runner and has been since this morning....i want the four euro returned to my account..that is all

You: ive never had to wait for it to be returned before especially since it was declared a non runner around 7/8hours ago

DavidK So why didnt you explain the horse was a non runner Liam.
    You told me it was a money back special..

You: dave...are you dealing with two people by any chance....i never mentioned a special and i told you it was a non runner in my first sentence... which is here

You :You hi, my acc is xxxxxx xxxx could you look at a bet for me. its been a non runner since this morning....looking to get the money put back into my account...bet number is

You: ?

DavidK Yes i will escalate to have the stake returned okay Liam?

You: escalate away. maybe deal with one person at a time...thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I was dealing with "David K" the other day too, i got so fed up of him i closed my PP account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I was dealing with "David K" the other day too, i got so fed up of him i closed my PP account.

I'm sure they'll miss you! :-)

My advice to anyone who has a problem with people like Paddy Power would be to work hard at taking money off of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

mailburner wrote: »

You: hi, my acc is could you look at a bet for me. its been a non runner since this morning....looking to get the money put back into my account...bet number is

DavidK Thank you.

You its a single

You i dont know anything about a money back special...its a 4euro win on exotic isle

DavidK All money back specials are the same it could be settled before that but the information we have been told is money back special can take up to 24 hours to be applied i am however sorry you have not been informed of this previously Liam.

You: its a single win stake on a horse...there are no money back specials tonite on kempton races

DavidK I am.

You: the horse is question is a non runner and has been since this morning....i want the four euro returned to my account..that is all

You: ive never had to wait for it to be returned before especially since it was declared a non runner around 7/8hours ago

You: dave...are you dealing with two people by any chance....i never mentioned a special and i told you it was a non runner in my first sentence... which is here

You :You hi, my acc is xxxxxx xxxx could you look at a bet for me. its been a non runner since this morning....looking to get the money put back into my account...bet number is

You come across worse here. Sounds like he just misunderstood at the start. Your grammar isn't the best. As soon as he realised what the story was, he sorted it out.

I logged in late last night to have a look how my NFL bets were going, I saw a 5 euro free bet and thought I'd hang onto it till this morning. Logged in this morning and it was gone. I spoke with a guy on chat and he said that it had expired.

Any decent alternatives out there? I've used boylesports before and found them to be much worse when it comes odds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I have accounts with betfair, WillHill, betfred, bet365 and paddy. The best of them is betfair. 365 is good as well

I have accounts with betfair, WillHill, betfred, bet365 and paddy. The best of them is betfair. 365 is good as well
    I've noticed recently that bet365 have started to pull the double chance market with around 15mins to go in matches. Stll my preferred bookie to give my hard earned tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I've noticed recently that bet365 have started to pull the double chance market with around 15mins to go in matches. Stll my preferred bookie to give my hard earned tho

I've noticed that, pretty annoying as I usually like to cover using double chance with about 10 to go

pithater1 wrote: »

I've noticed that, pretty annoying as I usually like to cover using double chance with about 10 to go
    Yeah same as Pit...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭gigawatt2007

DavidK Thank you.

You its a single

DavidK I am.

Classic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Zuko123

DavidK Thank you.

You its a single

DavidK I am.

You went to all that trouble to get 4€ put back into your account,:)

Zuko123 wrote: »

I would go to all that trouble for a euro
    that's not the point though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Zuko123 wrote: »

Up until recently, €4 would have been a massive bet for me :P

Advertisement