Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baskeball courts near Phoenix Park Racecourse, Castleknock

Options
  • 02-09-2012 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys,

In a couple of weeks I will move to Phoenix Park Racecourse, Castleknock, D15. Does anybody know of outdoor or indoor basketball courts in that area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

you'd struggle to find an outdoor court beyond Mountjoy Square that wasnt considered trespassing these days unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Farotz

Yes, I know that Mountjoy Square's is the only decent pick-up basketball court in Dublin, but i was wondering if there were freely-accessible courts in nearby parks, estates or school precincts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Think you are missing my point. There are no courts in housing estates, and school don't want people on their property. So the gates are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Farotz

please let me observe that not all basketball courts in all housing estates and school precincts are always locked. I do know people playing from time to time in such places in Dublin, so my question is basically if anyone know if any of these (rare, admittedly) freely-accessible places are in the area. I use this occasion also to ask if anybody knows of local teams in the same area to join, even just for training sessions.
    Thanks

Advertisement