Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDA Graduate Programme 2012

Options
  • 02-09-2012 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Hi I haven't seen a proper thread for their grad. programme.

I applied early in 2012 and didn't get news back until about 2 weeks ago, August. I was stunned, I was sure I'd no chance given the lack of news.

They said they are changing the programme, it is no longer to hire immediately for 2 year fixed contracts. Instead they are creating a panel of candidates to draw from when positions open, and the list lasts 12 months. This is now identical to the IBEC grad. programme if anyone is familiar. Well I'm on the list. I'm more cautious now since it's not my first list. It feels much more difficult to get a job this year than last, which I'm surprised at.

Anyone done the programme, know someone who did or have you applied this year?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

What's IDA may I ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

It's the Industrial Development Authority, it's the government wing designed to attract foreign investment to the country. Big multinationals etc. all go through the agency.

http://www.idaireland.com/

If few or no one else replies to this I'm going to take it as a good sign that there's few of us on the list lol

Advertisement