Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we transfer apps if buy new Mac

Options
  • 01-09-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Just picking between mac book pro and Air at minute and wondering will I be able to transfer my apps from old MacBook? Or do I have to buy all new again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭taylorconor95

It depends where you bought them from.

If you bought them from the mac app store, then all you have to do on the new mac is log in to the mac app store using your apple ID and you can download any of your past purchases for free

If you bought them elsewhere, you should check the email/file/booklet where your registration key for the app is printed to see how many times it can be registered. If it is more than 1, simply download the installers for the apps on the new mac and enter your registration codes. if you can only use the registration code once, you should deactivate the code in the app on the mac you no longer wish to use, and then use that same code to activate the app on the new mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Dan82

They are all app store apps for the Mac so this sounds like il be fine from what your saying, no just have to pick between air and pro

Advertisement