Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malignant Melanoma - Can you help?

Options
  • 01-09-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,

I am in search for somebody who can help my male friend who has:
    Malignant Melanoma that leaked to lymph nodes of groin area,
    Had mole removed and radical lymph node surgery,
    Now 7 weeks after operation and still draining high levels of fluid manually,
    Have been given option of (Interferon alpha 2b) 12 month course only, or just continue with regular check ups. Is there anyone out there with similar prognosis?

Any words/advice we would be so grateful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

You could ring the Irish Cancer Society Freefone Helpline, 1800-200-700. You can talk, in confidence, to a Cancer nurse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Loza

Thank you so much, we have contacted them but they don't seem to have a system where you link people up with similar prognosis. I was hoping to find a buddy system like they have in the UK but no joy as yet.

Loza

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Hi Loza,
    I'm surprised to hear that. The ICS does have a Peer-To-Peer Mentor system (I'm a Prostate Cancer Mentor with the ICS), however it may be that there is no Mentor on the books who has had a condition that, more or less, matches yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Loza

Hi Condo131,

Thanks again, I wish you all the best on your journey

Loza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭flashjohn

Loza wrote: »
    Hello,

I am in search for somebody who can help my male friend who has:
    Malignant Melanoma that leaked to lymph nodes of groin area,
    Had mole removed and radical lymph node surgery,
    Now 7 weeks after operation and still draining high levels of fluid manually,
    Have been given option of (Interferon alpha 2b) 12 month course only, or just continue with regular check ups. Is there anyone out there with similar prognosis?

Any words/advice we would be so grateful!

I was just diagnosed with Melanoma. 4 weeks on from surgery and awaiting Interferon. I would like to chat with someone in the same boat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement