Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Audio/speech issues with sumvision cyclone micro 3

Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭ ripcord

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place for this - mods please move if needed!

Just bought the sumvision cyclone 3 from amazon purely for watching movies when I go on holiday. Here it is:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sumvision-Cyclone-Micro-Media-Player/dp/B0073DN8HE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346529264&sr=8-1

I have about 200 films/programmes on a 2.5' external drive. I was just testing it today. Most of my films are 720p mp4 files between 2-4 Gb in size.

The thing is that some of them play fine, but some of them have very low speech :confused:. I have to turn up the volume really high to hear what people are saying, but then the background noise/music in the film is way too loud.

Would anyone know what this could be? I'm generally technically minded :) but I wouldn't know much about video encoding/audio tracks/bit rates etc. and all that stuff. Hopefully someone here does!

I doubt the player is broken. It must be something file-specific. For example I have AVIs of Futurama cartoons that sound perfect :confused:
    Thanks for any help!

Comments

Advertisement