Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i cancel a debit card visa transaction

Options
  • 01-09-2012 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

Hi so long story short i wasa buying stuff online and it wouldnt go through so i tried again and still didnt go through on the website i was buying off, so i checked my BOI365 online account and two transactions went through, Now i want to cancel them both, how can i do this??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Easiest way is to get the retailer to refund you for the duplicate transaction.
    What ever you bought is likely to be delivered twice too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

thing is, i think it was a scam and thats why i want to cancel the transactions :/

If you think it's a scam ring the card helpline A.S.A.P.

Either call the number on the back of your debit card, or call Banking 365 and ask for the card fraud department.

No customer service agents availale call back tomorrow during opening hours

24 hr Emergency Lost/Stolen Helpline: 1890 706 706 or +353 56 7757007 from abroad. (for both Personal and Business credit cards)

• Advertisement

yeah rang them they cant do anything for me either, she said to call again tomorrow for the customer service crowd and they will help me

Thanks for the replys btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi ITS A BADGER,

Thanks for your query. Were you able to get everything sorted out?

Pat

Hi ITS A BADGER,

Thanks for your query. Were you able to get everything sorted out?

Pat

Hi pat no, no i wasnt i tried to get in contact with the merchant, emails no reply phone numbers are coming up invalid. so ive been screwed. Is there really no way bank of ireland can recover those two transactions for me? ill pm my details if you want them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi ITS A BADGER,

When you contacted the Lost and Stolen helpline, did the representative cancel your card? If not, please call Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 as soon as possible.

To have the transactions refunded, you will need to complete Visa Debit Transaction Dispute Form which is available to download here.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement