Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRG 94.3 Dublin

Options
  • 01-09-2012 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any more info on what to expect ? Take it another sort of dance music station?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

msg11 wrote: »
    Anyone got any more info on what to expect ? Take it another sort of dance music station?

yes it will be a dance station. sounds strange but all the dance stations targett different segments of the dance market, yet do play some types of dance music that crosses over.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

yes it will be a dance station. sounds strange but all the dance stations targett different segments of the dance market, yet do play some types of dance music that crosses over.

Yeah, don't have a problem with dance stations. The market is there for it, strange there isn't a licensed station at this stage.

strange there isn't a licensed station at this stage.

their technically is a licenced dance station (RTE pulse) all though its only on dab and online. as for a licenced dance station on fm, i suppose none of the big groups would want to touch dance music with a bardge pole, or it wouldn't be (commercially viable) according to the BAI who remember are irelands most experienced financial advisors<snip> . i say leave it to the pirates anyway, they know what their doing better then a fully licenced fm dance station which would eventually end up becoming another fully top 40 station which we don't need. such licenced dance station would only be playing the dance remixes of the top 40 on loop anyway (something spin could easily do and should be doing as it has enough competition playing the pop originals)

their technically is a licenced dance station (RTE pulse) all though its only on dab and online. as for a licenced dance station on fm, i suppose none of the big groups would want to touch dance music with a bardge pole, or it wouldn't be (commercially viable) according to the BAI who remember are irelands most experienced financial advisors<snip> . i say leave it to the pirates anyway, they know what their doing better then a fully licenced fm dance station which would eventually end up becoming another fully top 40 station which we don't need. such licenced dance station would only be playing the dance remixes of the top 40 on loop anyway (something spin could easily do and should be doing as it has enough competition playing the pop originals)

RTE Pulse is actully a good station, sadly DAB never took off and they won't even roll it out to FM.

The BAI have not got a clue, they allowing anything to happen once the station is licenced. Look at Spin linking up the SW station and the Dublin station, this shouldn't be allowed. They two separate licences.

I agree the pirates do it great, but you get a bit sick of trying to find a station and then just as you settle into it, it's gone.

RTE Pulse is actully a good station, sadly DAB never took off and they won't even roll it out to FM.
    i think dab will take off eventually but it will be dab +, theirs the problem of the commercial sector not willing/able to invest in it just yet + i don't think the BAI have any policy on it just yet. to be honest theirs probably no space for a national roll out of RTE pulse (their might be scope for fm relays in the citties though)
    The BAI have not got a clue, they allowing anything to happen once the station is licenced.
    i agree, their policy seems to be to keep stations on air at all costs.
    Look at Spin linking up the SW station and the Dublin station, this shouldn't be allowed. They two separate licences.
    i agree, same thing is happening at i radio, unfortunately i think this will become more of a feature of irish radio in the next few years as the commercial sector tries to cut costs, networking brings down costs.
    I agree the pirates do it great, but you get a bit sick of trying to find a station and then just as you settle into it, it's gone.

yeah i know, thats a bummer when that happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Seem to be online - www.nrgdublin.com

Yeah, what happened at iRadio is a joke, if they can't operate within there licence IE there broadcasting franchise area they should forfeit the licence, it's not fair on the other operators.

Sure look at Capital FM in the UK, although something like Capital in Ireland might be good give RTE a kick up the arse.

Was listening to Spin on the way home this morning from work, just sounds all over the place. No Spin 1038 or check Spin1038.com , it's Spin or check the website, short links then the fade out is very quick into a kinda of pause with a local ID.

Have to say Spin Jordan or the Spin franchise outside of Ireland has the right idea, hardly any DJ's and decent music, plenty of music.

Back to NRG, website seems to look alot like the old Galaxy website, is this a total Kiss revamp ? If so, why did they decide to drop the brand?

Advertisement