Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miniport to HDMI

Options
  • 01-09-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, first post here but badly need some help.

Bought a techlink miniport to hdmi cable. I have a macbook pro that I bought 2 years ago. I am trying to connect it to an lg tv which is model 32lg5000-ZA.

When I connect and try to detect displays it is not recognised. I have tried dropping the resolution on the macbook but no use. I have also tried it on another tv so I know the cable is in working order.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I am clueless with technology so may be doing something wrong that is simple.

Mod if this is the wrong place to post feel free to move it

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

Hi,

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but did you select HDMI as the input source on the TV?

IM

• Registered Users Posts: 19,959 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If the TV has multiple hdmi inputs, you might have to manually select the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 _nobody_

Yes i have picked the correct input........ no signal is still on screen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Try restarting the Macbook while the cable is connected. I know it sounds stupid but it's small things like that that could kickstart it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 _nobody_

Thanks DubDj tried that. A friend said it might be hdmi 1.2 versus 1.3. Does this make sense? Am I better off to try a hdmi converter to miniport or will it just not work regardless?

Sorry but I do not have a clue on technical things like this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

_nobody_ wrote: »
    Thanks DubDj tried that. A friend said it might be hdmi 1.2 versus 1.3. Does this make sense? Am I better off to try a hdmi converter to miniport or will it just not work regardless?

Sorry but I do not have a clue on technical things like this!!!

Seems strange that it works in one TV but not the other. I have an LG LED tv myself and I bought a cheap MiniDisplay Port to HDMI adapter from eBay, €4 I think, and it works perfectly. Picture and sound. Few things to try; a different HDMI port, a different cable, they're €2 in the euro saver shops now. I'm not too sure of them problem myself.

Advertisement