Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are There Any Cricket Clubs In Belfast For Beginners??

Options
  • 01-09-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm interested in playing cricket once again. I used to play it a lot when I was a kid in England (member of a local club then) but have not played it since I was 14 when I was last there. As a teenager living in Omagh the nearest cricket club was in Strabane which was too far so didn't bother pursuing it.

I'm a bit of a social recluse tbh (as some of you may know and have started many threads on here) and I'm trying get out the house a bit and build a social life for a change. I would like to play cricket once again as I love the sport, but worried because I haven't played it since I was 14 my development is way behind people who do play it (I'm 26 now). I have a long driveway here outside my parents house so looking to practice my bowling/batting/fielding before the new season next year!

I'd appreciate if anyone could help, I'd rather not join a cricket club that has high expectations of its members/newcomers. tongue.gif

I did find this club http://www.academycricket.co.uk/, and it has 4 teams! So potentially I could perhaps look to scrape the 4th XI with a bit cricket practice. tongue.gif

Does anyone know of any suitable cricket clubs in the Belfast area for myself. smile.gif

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Youll be fine; Ive seen plenty of people who played in their teens and took it up again in their 20s. Im not that familiar with the Northern leagues but the advise I would give were you living in Leinster would be to find a club near you with a Division 13/14 team and go join up with them. Most clubs are only too happy to have new members, especially players who have some prior experience of playing, so Im sure it wont be too hard to find a club in your area to accomodate you.

Advertisement