Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study Plan. Repeating LC.

Options
  • 01-09-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey,

I'm repeating LC this year and I'd like to know how to improve my study skills. I passed everything In my LC but didn't do good enough. Tips on how to relax and not to stress would be good help.
    Subjects that I'm doing are English (H), Maths(O), Art(H), Physics(H), Business(H), Construction S.(H), Lithuanian(H). My favourites are Art, English, Construction S. the ones that i find easy to study and they are very enjoyable. After them follows Business, Physics and Maths. I find it really hard to concentrate while I'm doing Maths or Physics. I find maths hard since primary school, but I'm patient enough, and I like a challenge.
    The points that I am aiming are over 400. The points I got in the LC were over 300. I'm not going to do any PLC's because I had 6 interviews and in 2 of them they told me that the better option is to repeat LC.
    So, here I am. Need big tips from people who might have walked in my shoes, or anybody else on how to plan my study.

P.S. : I heard that starting to go to the gym just 1 hr every evening helps to enhance your brain work. Sticking to brain exercise only is bad because your body needs some physical work too to stay balanced and sharp.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

What course are you planning on doing? Because if the requirements for your course eg. BESS in TCD was a c3 ord. level maths and you already got a c3 in your last LC you dont need to repeat. You carry it over to the next year.

They is not tricks in the business paper. To do well (I got an A1) you just have to learn the book perfectly and especially the ABQ chapters (this year 5,6,7). Just write every you know about the question they ask you as long as it relevant. But dont BS and every time you make a point down a long. The corrector hate a essay answer. Also do all the short questions as they are very similar every year.

Can you take up a new subject and down physics if you received a bad grade in it? Because in my school we were told if we do ord. level maths not to consider it at all.

The best way to study is in a quiet place ie a public library with no noise and directly after otherwise most people tend to just go home and before they know it. Its 6;30 and they have nothing done. Also study in blocks of 30 mins ie new subject every 30 mins and every 1 hour take a 5 min break but go back to the books immediately.

Good luck repeating

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Right so i can only tell you about irish and maths. I didn't do any of the rest. In My opinion for english you should prepare your essays as soon as possible. Like for your poets do a personal response for the ones you are thnking of studying yourself and get them corrected. Same with the comparitives. For your single text try to know your book inside out and practice past exam questions. Regarding the unseen poetry and the comprehensions try doing these while looking at the marking scheme at first and then try them on your own. Your English teacher is essential towards your grade. They are there for a reason and it is not to teach its to correct essays. Its the best way to learn. For maths take a topic at a time and do as much Qs as possible. It might be a bit different with Project maths but in my opinion Repitition is Key. Regarding Exercise Definately. The Gym would be a great idea. But when it comes say to a forthnight before the mocks. Study becomes essential at this point.

Advertisement