Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dedicated graphics ?

Options
  • 31-08-2012 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

hi i have a dell inspiron 15r.
    it has intel hd 3000 graphics.

i am wondering is it possible to upgrade the graphics to dedicated?

i am not a hardcore gamer.
    the only games i would be interested in playing are minecraft and star wars the old republic?

whats more since i am only interested in these two games .

is there any point in even upgrading to dedicated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

I don't think you can open up the laptop and replace/add a dedicated graphics card, dunno any laptops which offer that. But I think there's a way of hooking an external graphics card up to some laptops, ViDock is the name of the hardware afair. That might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Some laptops that have graphic card already in it allow you to upgrade, but as you can't buy said graphic cards in the shops, it'll usually end up quite expensive.

It'd probably be cheaper to buy a new laptop. What happens when you play Minecraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭tombom112

no i dont think you need to upgrade, if you have hd3000 you have some sandybridge processor hopefully an Icore 3 or better if not even a celeron sandybridge processer will do a decent job with those 2 games, make sure you have 3 to 4 gigs of ram and you'll be alright for another while

Advertisement