Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Young Scientists Exhibition

Options
  • 31-08-2012 10:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭

I'm in 4th year and am considering to enter this with a few of my mates. Anyone else doing this????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Yeah, probably going to do it with my friend because we didn't have chance last year with the exams and such. It will be good to do something like that TY! Teachers haven't said anything about it this year, yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Troxck wrote: »
    Yeah, probably going to do it with my friend because we didn't have chance last year with the exams and such. It will be good to do something like that TY! Teachers haven't said anything about it this year, yet.
    Yeh my teacher just told us to come up with ideas cus we have to send it off in a few weeks or somethin like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Deadline's sometime in October, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Ambient Occlusion

Leinsterr wrote: »
    Yeh my teacher just told us to come up with ideas cus we have to send it off in a few weeks or somethin like that
    If you don't have any work done before you send in the application make sure you lie and say you have done a good bit. Make sure it's written to an excellent standard too because that really will increase your chances to get in. Having said that, you need to explain everything clearly so that the judges have a good idea of what you're trying to accomplish. It's extremely important that you consistently work on your project too; you won't know you've qualified until November but you really must have the work done. Just a head's up, been there a couple times myself and regret not having done more instead of simply putting it off.
    Thought that might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

Firstly, ensure your application is the best it can possible be, 550 places offered each year approx 3800 applications, 1 in 4 applications likely to get in. The quality of your application is important and that you demonstrate on your 1 page proposal that your have researched your topic pretty well. Visit the BT website and look at all the directions they have

Best of luck, if you do manage to get in, it will be an excellent few days

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Enright wrote: »
    Firstly, ensure your application is the best it can possible be, 550 places offered each year approx 3800 applications, 1 in 4 applications likely to get in. The quality of your application is important and that you demonstrate on your 1 page proposal that your have researched your topic pretty well. Visit the BT website and look at all the directions they have

Best of luck, if you do manage to get in, it will be an excellent few days
    Im not doing it

Advertisement