Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new world championships qualifying format

Options
  • 31-08-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

so they've just completely overhauled the whole system for which to qualify for the pokemon world championships, looking at this new point system its become fairly obvious that for us its going to be a very tall order to get the required points especially without any play!pokemon events currently planned for our country but i'm without doubt going to put everything i got into making it to worlds, its my last year im gonna have the time and money to invest into this so i plan on making it a good last run

heres the new format
    http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/championship-series/championship-points/#structure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I got an invite to the (TCG) Nationals this year, and I'm crap at playing well. It is possible to get enough points on "the cheap". Attending Leagues can earn up to 10 points, and then just attend two or three "special" tournaments (PreReleases, Battle Roads etc).

There is a venue run near Gatwick airport. It's also run by Ian Forthingham (I keep spelling his surname wrong) so it's well worth checking out. Keep an eye open for events in Crawley. It might even be possible to do these as a day trip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

i would kill for a tcg nationals invite :p, well ten points was the old system, it now requires 400 for a worlds invite, although you do earn more points it has'nt improved much, still going to take a heck of alot of money to even get to a place running a tournament, thanks for the help buzz, i'll be sure to check him out, in the mean time however i'm trying to get our own battleroads and what not sorted so we won't have to fork out all that dough for flights :p

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

i would kill for a tcg nationals invite :p,
    The problem with my invite was I was issued it too late to actually do anything about it. I got notified on the Thursday for the event on Saturday (Nationals). That happened to be the same day as my (already paid for) trip away for my Wedding Anniversary. I was totally gutted, but oh well. There'll be another time :)

i would kill for a tcg nationals invite :p,
    The problem with my invite was I was issued it too late to actually do anything about it. I got notified on the Thursday for the event on Saturday (Nationals). That happened to be the same day as my (already paid for) trip away for my Wedding Anniversary. I was totally gutted, but oh well. There'll be another time :)
    Well that tends to be the way nintendo do these things, always last minute, shame you could'nt attend but i think you made the right choice :p, hopefully there'll be many more times

now i have just done a little bit of research into heading over to a battle roads in england, theres one coming up in sheffield on the 20th of october, looked up flights and theres none going to sheffield aiport however there is one to which is pefect for time on the day and a return flight that night for 60 euro, its leeds airport so its about 30 miles away, taxi would be the quickest way of getting to sheffield, i'll deffinitely be going to this and anyone who wants to come along is more than welcome :)

• Advertisement

just found cheaper flights with ryanair for 32 euro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Good man Widge, think this has to be done, until we get our own that is, remember to come draped in Tricolours :D

Also is there a list of UK battle roads thats evaded me?

popzmaster wrote: »
    Good man Widge, think this has to be done, until we get our own that is, remember to come draped in Tricolours :D

Also is there a list of UK battle roads thats evaded me?
    it absolutely has to be done, i'm gonna be the most irish i've ever been that day :D, well you can search events on play pokemon

https://www.pokemon.com/us/account/events/?sort_order=when&product_type=tcg&event_type=tournament&event_type=premier&event_name=&location_name=&address=&city=dublin+18&postal_code=&country=80&state_other=&distance_within=250&date_within=&results_pp=10

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Ah grand I thought there was some list somewhere that escaped me :o

nope just gotta search it, i believe the reason theres no events after the 20th of october is because the winter battle roads season will be starting after it, hopefully by then i'll have the funds to attend quite a few, definitely bringing it up at league next week and see if people want to come to sheffield, i mean its only 32 euro for flights, its not that much more expensive than goin to belfast :p

• Advertisement

ok so after checking again flights have gone upto 44 euro return, having checked about getting from leeds airport to sheffield would be about £50-£60 seen as all the coaches are atleast double this price or the times are all wrong, i realise its getting a bit steep now but without any news of getting our own battleroads this is the only option, just now realising that prerelease for boundries crossed would be about a week after this i don't think people could afford it especially with prerelease looming so close :(

Advertisement