Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bad faith insurance

Options
  • 31-08-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi
    i'm just going to give a quick rundown of my recent experience with liberty

i am insured 3rd party
    i had an accident where i was on a roundabout doing a full turn around it and as i was turning,a car crashed into me after coming from behind . . . . i had a passenger in the car that can verify
    1.i was on the roundabout with my indicator on
    2.the car hit me as i was in a maneuver and
    3.the guy approached me and shook my hand in an apology after it happened.
    it turned out we were both with liberty so one way or another they would have to pay out
    in this case,,they investigated (if you can call it that) without talking to the witness or seemingly taking the rules of the road into consideration and came to the conclusion that i was at fault ........
    i appealed and also made a complaint about their investigations so they started again,only appointing someone new,...to me,...as the first investigator i had did not so much as even ask me what happened
    the investigator for the other party was still involved "surprise surprise" and she came to the same conclusion (again without talking to the witness).... does a witness not count??????..... not in this case it doesn't !!!!!
    although this time my investigator thought i was 100% not at fault the other investigator stood by her decision so we're left with a 50/50 .... quite convenient considering i'm 3rd party so get nothing (there is 2300euro damage to my car and i have been out of work since it happened)
    the whole thing to me is stinking of a conflict of interest and clearly doesn't matter who is right or wrong but just what way they can pay out the least !!
    it's funny how much insurance companies go on about people making fraudulent claims when they seem to be operating in a fraudulent manner themselves
    i turned down 50/50 by the way and am going to every length possible until this is turned around in the right manner
    my insurance is also up for renewal and i have received a new quote which has gone up 150% ..... no wonder there's conflicting interests !!!!!! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Liberty Insurance: Philip

Hi generalkeano

Your query is relating to a specific claim, which we won't be able to deal with here on Boards. However, if you PM me your details we will certainly ensure your claim has been fully investigated and I will arrange for someone to contact you directly about this.

Thanks

Philip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Recover the costs of your own damage in full from the other driver to prove that they accept 100% blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 generalkeano

thanx thebiglad but the other party is out of the country so i can't contact him he is also disputing his liability , "don't know how" but the only reason i can see he may be getting support for is the fact that i'm 3rd party , other than that i would have thought it would have been a very clearcut outcome !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Try a complaint to Financial Ombudsman if you believe there is an issue with the way that the decision was reached - not the decision itself.

Other than that hit a Solicitor's office or issue a district court summons on your own.

Hate to be cynical but if the other party is out of the country and it isn't just a holiday you have an open goal as unlikely to have too much interest in coming back to defend.

Costs of a District are extremely low so worth considering.

If an when you do recover your outlay ask your insurer to refund premium to the level you should have been at had you had your entitled no claim discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 generalkeano

i'm actually just after sending the complaint to the ombudsman yesterday
    i also have solicitors on it aswell
    the thing that i am having a problem with is the fact it has come to this it just goes to prove 3rd party insurance isn't worth ****... i have a friend who used to be a claim handler and they said if i was fully comp it would have been sorted by now ... i can assure you of one thing though ... I WON'T BE GOING AWAY !!!
    WITNESS , RULES OF THE ROAD , INDICATOR ,.... I don't know how they won't stand up in court in my favour !!!!
    i've also been onto the insurance federation and just by talking to them they are actually interested in seeing what happens
    but said they will only get involved if the solicitor doesn't get the result !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

not much help for this but maybe in the future.
    Always carry a disposable camera in the car. a picture cant be ignored.

a friend had a crash go aainst her until she took out the photos which proved she was right.

Advertisement