Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview with Inspector

Options
  • 31-08-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Received a letter this week from the inspector. I'm being invited to attend an interview at the inspectors office next week and bring in bank statements, i.d, proof of address everything for Job Seekers Allowance. I made a formal complaint this year against this particular inspector and it fell literally on deaf ears, now she is interviewing me to decide on my entitlement to JSA. I was self employed up until July 2011 and this inspector closed my claim 2 or 3 times (over the past 13months) for silly excuses like she couldn't calulate my means (even though I supplied my closure of accounts) and that she wasn't satisfied I lived at my address since I wasn't there when she called and my house mate said I wasn't there for three nights, this made her think I wasn't living at my address. Anyway I've moved into a flat now and it has a 12 month rental contract in place and I'm getting rent allowance. Maybe now they will finally approve me for job seekers allowance? I'll bring in proof also of the response letters I've received on job applications. If she declines me again can I Appeal it through the Appeals Office?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You could also contact the person you made the complaints to or the area Manager (of course this could delay you being means tested) and ask to be interviewed by a different inspector.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I would bring someone with you to the interview - just in case it gets a bit headed. its unusual considering you put in a complaint against this person that they would now be interviewing you. was the complaint actually received.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rebel fighter

Its to late to request a cancellation and ask for another inspector as I received the letter on Thursday and the interview is on Monday. If I don't attend the interview my claim will be closed so I have to go. I don't have anyone who will come in with me but will bring in my dictation device encase she starts persecuting me and gets nasty. I'll put the content on a cd and send it to the Newspapers and Media. I contacted the Regional Social Welfare Superintendent with my complaint some month's ago and his response was that this inspector was just doing her job but I know she overstepped the mark in my case so much so I would call it bullying and harassment. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gerard A

hi just wondering how your interview went as i have one tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 rebel fighter

The inspector seemed ok and asked alot of questions. She wanted to be absolutely sure that I wasn't still deriving income from self employment since I closed the business down. I had sold my second hand car after my business closure on Auto Trader and she asked if I sell cars. I found that question completely bizarre as like most normal people they sell their used car on auto trader or done deal. She had two prints outs of my car for the advert of my car for sale from auto trader and done deal and asked what car I drive now. She already knew the answer to all these questions but was looking for any inconsistency to try and catch me out. I had to sign a form authorizing the inspector to confirm with the bank that my business bank account was closed. She was very interested in how much maintenance I paid and how often I saw my child for fear I was cohabiting. At the end of the interview she said she had to conduct a house call also and not to take it as bullying or harassment that it was all part of her job. It seems the social welfare appear to be on high alert with anyone who has been self employed and will vigorously look at all avenues to ensure they are no longer self employed. Everything you say is kept forever on file from all interviews with inspectors and community welfare, so be careful how you act in these interviews as it may come back to bite you years later. I brought my dictation device and recorded the whole interview myself just encase I'll need it in the future for any legal challenges. Can't wait to find a job and get off this junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gerard A

thanks for your reply

Advertisement