Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA, Rent allowance, and working part-time.

Options
  • 31-08-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Will someone in receipt of the BTEA and rent allowance lose the latter if they start working part-time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Also, I am starting a one year access programme at university this year which I will then use to enter a 4 year degree at the same univeristy.

I know that people on the BTEA during a 4 year degree go back on Jobseeker's Benefit during the summer months but there BTEA is automatically turned on come the following September.

Would a part-time job mess up my eligibility for BTEA come September 2013 as my five year study plan is split between one year acess programme, four year degree?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

As rent allowance is means tested you will be obliged to inform the dept that your circumstances have changed.A new means test will probably follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭runswithascript

mp22 wrote: »
    As rent allowance is means tested you will be obliged to inform the dept that your circumstances have changed.A new means test will probably follow.

Oh, I'll inform them, I am just curious as to whether anyone knows if it will cut my RA.

I will only be working 15 hours a week or so and earning about minimum wage.

Advertisement