Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Craft Beer Society...Lets do it!

Options
  • 31-08-2012 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

To mark Irish Craft Beer week, is there any DIT students interested in forming a craft beer appreciation society. I am involved in the Irish Craft Beer festival myself so have some great ideas for like minded people

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Maybe you should try in the DIT forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=473

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Jonno80 wrote: »
    To mark Irish Craft Beer week, is there any DIT students interested in forming a craft beer appreciation society. I am involved in the Irish Craft Beer festival myself so have some great ideas for like minded people

You may have difficulty with that. We tried a few years ago, DIT wont allow societies which main focus is on Alcohol, silly as it sounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

+1 what mmnc90 said

This was tried, they ended up with the 'DIT Bar Society' which brought in craft beer, good food and cocktails, I only made one or two meetings (it was on Monday's, I work Monday's). I think it stopped sometime due to lack of take up but it was a great idea, maybe try get in touch with the people who ran it, their in DT417(4).

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Jonno80

Yea I got that message from the people in the socs office but they did say if the society was set up in a similar fashion to the wine appreciation society there should be no problem. I will put forward a proposal to them for the society once I get 17 names and email addresses. There is craft brewers (who you can meet yourself in person next weekend in the RDS) who would love to chat about there brewing techniques as well as have you sample their brew. There will also be promotional work for craft beer enthusiasts throughout the year to do craft beer sampling on behalf of some of the smaller micro breweries

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Jackovarian

Where do I sign up!!!???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

You could call it zymurgical society, admins'd hardly know that ;)
    Nor would prospective members :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

mmcn90 wrote: »
    You may have difficulty with that. We tried a few years ago, DIT wont allow societies which main focus is on Alcohol, silly as it sounds.

AFAIK that's why UCC set up the Cowpunching Society under the banner of "Food Science" There's most certainly a way around the no main focus on Alcohol rule with some crafty wording on whatever proposals are necessary and the addition of a food component.

Advertisement