Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS back dated or not?

Options
  • 31-08-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi,

We are applying for FIS and sent away the forms to my husbands payroll people to be filled out by them back in the beginning of May...we only got them returned to us last week!

So I have posted the form off to the FIS people...does anyone know if I will be backdated from May if & when we do get the payment?
    My husbands work stamped the form the 5th July which is a whole 2 months after we sent it to them to be completed
    The declaration where we sign is dated by us as the 5th May. We had to wait until our baby was born (mid April) before we could apply.

(Also is it the Gross or Net pay they take into account? My husbands tax credits have changed since we got the form back last week...he is €40 less Net every week now)

I am useless at understanding all this sort of thing...the waiting time is long enough without messing it up & having to reapply!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

They go by when they receive the the forms that's why they say to send in the form and send any stuff you haven't got yet in when you get it.

when we applied last year they were looking for 4 payslips so i waited the 4 weeks before i sent in the application only to realise when we did get paid we were not paid for those 4 weeks.

so i should have sent off the application and forwarded on the payslips

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

No way....damn!! Right so, nothing I can do there :(

Any idea on the Gross or Net pay?

Thanks for the reply!

im pretty sure its gross pay you should give them a ring maybe and ask them what date you will be getting paid from just so you know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

No way....damn!! Right so, nothing I can do there :(

Any idea on the Gross or Net pay?

Thanks for the reply!

Taken from welfare.ie

Your assessable earnings and your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant's assessable earnings. (Assessible earnings are gross pay minus tax, employee PRSI, Universal Social Charge and superannuation.)

...sure I couldn't send them the form while I wait for other paperwork as the accounts people had the form for two flippin months 'filling it out'.

Thanks everyone

• Advertisement

...sure I couldn't send them the form while I wait for other paperwork as the accounts people had the form for two flippin months 'filling it out'.

Thanks everyone
    i think you should give them a ring and explain your situation they might be able to do something.

lisar816 wrote: »
    i think you should give them a ring and explain your situation they might be able to do something.

I will!

Advertisement