Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA can you get it twice?

Options
  • 31-08-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello.

I have a query about the BTEA scheme.

Basically two years ago I applied for and was successful in getting the BTEA scheme for a one year PLC course - FETAC level 5.

Unfortunately halfway through the course I became very ill and had to be hospitalised. As a result I could no longer continue with the course.

I have been unwell the past 2 years however I'm feeling better now and I'm sick of not doing anything.

I have applied for a different PLC course - also FETAC level 5. I just found out I've been accepted.

I'm delighted and would love to do the course, however I'm wondering if I could apply for BTEA again?

I know that normally they probably wouldn't allow one to receive BTEA for the same level course, but would there be any exceptions / or at the discretion of the deciding case for a case like mine where I was suffering from an illness and couldn't complete my studies? I would really love to get back to education again.

i want to do this course, but there's no way I could financially without the BTEA.

Advertisement