Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft SBS and Apple clients - file access

Options
  • 30-08-2012 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hello,

Proud to be an "Apple Free zone" person but... i'm 'lucky' to have a possible customer joining network with another company and they are using Mac's products.

So,i have an SBS2008 and i need to enable "File sharing" on the server for Mac clients.
    I will be much obliged for your assistance in the right direction !

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Good luck with that. I have had to do that before and it's a real pain. The smallest change to the folders will force you to have to redo the process again. Getting them on the AD network is another mountain of a task and don't get me started on group policies!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

A quick update:i gave up,told that Microsoft has stopped servicing / supporting other platforms.
    Relying on third party software to provide business services are not on my menu !
    They've got few Windows PCs and working in tandem !
    Thanks for feedback !

Happy ... windows !

Advertisement