Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Navan Army reserves

Options
  • 30-08-2012 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi I wanted to join the Irish army reserves in Navan. I went down and had a talk with some of the men and the woman in charge. They gave me a form to fill out like my history and address and such, I asked my dad to drop it in to the barracks in Navan but I never got a reply. This is almost 3 months ago I was gonna ring up but a friend of mine said the reserves take breaks during the summer as I gave in my application in just as the summer was about to start. Now the summer has finished and If they don't contact me I would like to get in touch but I can't find anyway to get to them. As it was my guidance councilor that rang them but I'm hoping some one will give me the email of the 65 Reserve Infantry Battalion B Company. Thank you

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

There's a number here for 65th Inf, but not sure if its still in use: http://www.researchreadinglog.com/reserve/tableView.asp?All

• Registered Users Posts: 34 trevdaman

I'm hoping for an email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

trevdaman wrote: »
    I'm hoping for an email.

Your best bet is to go in person and follow up on your paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

come up this wednesday night and have a chat with the cadre/recruitment officer. the company hasnt been aproved for recruitment this year so your name is more than likely on a list of people waiting to join. when we can take on more im sure you'll get a call but unfortunatly until then thats all that can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 trevdaman

Thank you very much as the woman in charge said they give me a ring to do a medical and when I never got one, I started getting worried something happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

c-90 wrote: »
    come up this wednesday night and have a chat with the cadre/recruitment officer. the company hasnt been aproved for recruitment this year so your name is more than likely on a list of people waiting to join. when we can take on more im sure you'll get a call but unfortunatly until then thats all that can be done.

I agree, come up this Wed night and pursue your application in person. We will be parading, feel free to have a chat with some of us about the organisation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hysteria616

Hi guys,

I'm also interested in joining up. I know the 65th stood down and I don't know what you are called now. I got in touch with a Sgt Hoare and he passed my details on to some Lieutenant, who I assume is in charge of personnel. Anyway, I haven't heard a reply yet and I want to know what the best way to get in touch is. Also, do you still train on a thursday evening @1800 in flower hill?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

There will be no recruitment this year in the Reserve Defence Forces. The Unit in Navan is now designated E Coy 27th Infantry Battalion.

Okay, thanks man. I'll keep an eye out for when they start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

The company (E'27th in flower hill) is preparing for recruitment later this year or very early next year aperantly.

They parade on a Wednesday at 20:00hrs. sgt hoare??, names won't be necessary on here man but call up and get your name down. In the mean time just make sure your keeping fit and can smash the entry standards. It's a long drawn out process in excess of 6 months sometimes so be patient.

• Advertisement

Cool. So show up on a Wednesday @ 2000 and get talking to some people? Yeah I've recently started jogging and weight lifting again, as well as timing my push ups and crunches. Thanks man. I'll try and get up next week.

Advertisement