Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Academic scholarship

Options
  • 30-08-2012 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I read in the prospectus they give an academic scholarship in each of the Schools of Business, Engineering, Hotel, Humanities (excluding Art & Design), and Science on the Galway Campus.

These scholarships are based on the highest leaving certificate points in each school/campus.

How many points do you think would be necessary to get one of these scholarships?? :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭DaBomb

I think the last two academic scholarships in the engineering school went to students that got 490 points :)
    Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Caoimhelicious

Yeah I'm just wondering if I could possibly get one , I got 510 and I would be under the science one ! Do you think the points will go up much more because of higher maths and the huge number going into the science courses ?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭DaBomb

Yeah I'm just wondering if I could possibly get one , I got 510 and I would be under the science one ! Do you think the points will go up much more because of higher maths and the huge number going into the science courses ?? :)

well im not sure what effect they'll have one the top points in the science school, but with 510 i reckon you'll be in with a pretty good shout :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dairenichat

Does anyone know what the points were in recent years in the science deparment? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭srmf5

Does anyone know what the points were in recent years in the science deparment? Thanks!

How many points did you get? I'd say that if you got over 500 you definitely have a chance. Not many of the science courses in GMIT seem to have gone up this year either.

• Advertisement

srmf5 wrote: »
    How many points did you get? I'd say that if you got over 500 you definitely have a chance. Not many of the science courses in GMIT seem to have gone up this year either.

I got 525, possibly 535 with my recheck. So I hope I've a chance! ;) DO you know how much money is rewarded? thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭srmf5

I got 525, possibly 535 with my recheck. So I hope I've a chance! ;) DO you know how much money is rewarded? thanks!

I've no idea how much money is awarded. Since there's no science course that demands high points, you definitely have a good chance. I'm guessing that you're doing Medical Science?

srmf5 wrote: »
    I've no idea how much money is awarded. Since there's no science course that demands high points, you definitely have a good chance. I'm guessing that you're doing Medical Science?

Okay, thanks for all your help! software development btw :)

Advertisement