Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jenny Huston

Options
  • 30-08-2012 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Just saw this from RTE 2fm;

Our lovely Jenny Huston has announced her final Electric Picnic as she prepares to sign-off from 2fm ... aww ... Jenny’s last show on @rte2fm is on September 6th.

Jenny Huston, one of Ireland’s most respected and dedicated indie and alternative music presenters, is set to sign-off from 2fm next week. The DJ’s departure, as part of RTÉ’s voluntary severance scheme, comes as she prepares to host 2fm’s mammoth coverage of this weekend’s Electric Picnic music festival in Stradbally, County Laois.

I'm going to miss Jenny, one of my favourites on 2fm. Good luck Jenny, I hope to hear you soon!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Great DJ. Shame she is leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sling12

Where is she going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Sling12 wrote: »
    Where is she going to?

Pure speculation - Phantom?? She was with Phantom during its pirate days. It happened last year with Alison Curtis and Keith Walsh (PD). i.e. they returned to Phantom, having left Phantom as a pirate for licenced radio. Or maybe Radio Nova.

She could of course be taking a break from radio with her voluntary severance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

As a long time listener I'm really going to miss her show.

I wonder where she's going?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I read on the RTE website that she's going travelling and then moving into music supervision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

I felt quite sad listening to Jenny's show for the final time last night. Hopefully she'll reappear on the airwaves at some point.

I'll miss her breezy tones and good tunes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Jenny sure was enthusiastic and showed dedication to the Irish bands she championed and played. Not many of those presenters around. She will be missed.

Are there any other presenters taking redundancy in RTE Radio?

Advertisement