Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour of South Meath: 23rd Sept 2012

Options
  • 30-08-2012 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi all,
    Just wanted to let you know that we have a leisure tour on Sunday 23rd Sept, starting from Clonard, Co.Meath. Details are...

2012 Tour of South Meath: Sun 23rd Sept 2012, 11am.
    The start and finish is in the historic village of Clonard (on the old N4, 8 mile from Enfield, 4 mile from Kinnegad), where St Finian built his monastery during the 6th century, and where up to 3000 scholars studied.
    There are cycle distances to choose from 100k or 50k.
    The 100k route follows old N4 to Kilcock then heads to Summerhill on nice wide roads. Then takes sheltered roads to the historic Hill of Tara (halfway food Stop overlooking hill), then returning to Rathmolyon and Kinnegad, Clonard.
    All on quiet, sheltered, country roads.
    The 50k also takes old N4 but turns at Enfield and joins the 100k route at Rathmolyon, and is nice flat sheltered route.
    Aterwards there is a hot dinner for all finishers in the Monastery Inn, across the road from sign on which is on Sunday morning, 23rd Sept, from 10am at Clonard Parish Hall.
    Start 11am, all for only 15 euro more info at Alan 087-9923409

Route maps etc can be found on our website:
    http://www.clonardroadclub.com/tourmeath2012.shtml

hope you see some of you there :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Will try to head along to this one. Last year's route was my first 100k and was a really nice run with really nice food at the end.

Said I would try to do this every year so here's to the 23rd September

• Registered Users Posts: 47 clonard_rc

Will try to head along to this one. Last year's route was my first 100k and was a really nice run with really nice food at the end.

Said I would try to do this every year so here's to the 23rd September

Thanks! ;)

We just hope now that the weather will be a bit kinder to us than it was for last year's spin!

...just a little plug for this, if that's ok to do?

Going ahead as planned this coming weekend, roll out at 11am on Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

The map my ride is showing it as 110km and then if you enlarge the map it says its 100miles

What is the weather forecast like and is it open to all?

jmcc99_98 wrote: »
    The map my ride is showing it as 110km and then if you enlarge the map it says its 100miles

What is the weather forecast like and is it open to all?

:eek: wow! never noticed that with the fullscreen version of the map! Wonder where it gets the extra KM's from. Thanks for pointing that out. I think we might need to draw out the map again (that one is re-used from the original one used a couple of years ago)

Anyway - distance is just under 100km in total.
    The event is open to everyone who would like to come along. You can sign on up to about 10:30am, and we roll out at 11.

Weather is looking ok - should be sunny up to about 2pm and i think the rain isn't supposed to arrive until tomorrow evening :)
    http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Kinnegad/hour_by_hour.html

Apologies for the confusion with the MMR distances!

• Advertisement

Brilliant, see you in the morning

Great event today. Well done to all concerned, well Marshalled throughout and a well needed curry in the Monastery Inn afterwards too.

Tough 100k but very enjoyable, a date for next year's diary I think

sorry for the delay folks! here are some photos from the day:

http://www.clonardroadclub.com/tourmeath2012.shtml

Advertisement