Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electronic engineering in lyit

Options
  • 30-08-2012 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

hi i was just wondering if anyone was starting this course this year? or has anyone doing or done it any info greatfully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Just finished fourth year this year. What info are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leixlipgirl

hi just wondering if it is any good? is there many books ? how many hours a week ? and i suppose is letterkenny it itself a good college? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

hi just wondering if it is any good? is there many books ? how many hours a week ? and i suppose is letterkenny it itself a good college? thanks

Well I'm moving onto a masters in DCU this year so I suppose its as good as anywhere, it didn't hold me back going there anyway. Like anywhere if you have the interest and do the work you'll get on fine. The lecturers know their stuff mostly and if you show your working and interested they'll go out of their way to help and are very approachable.

Books...I bought two in the four years; a maths book only used it studying at the end of the year or exams, and an analogue electronics one, but you don't need to buy them there are five or six copies of each in the library. Most of the lecturers work off their own set of notes, but a bit of digging on Google can get you specific notes relevant to what you need in addition to what you're given.

Hours were about 25-26 a week, not a lot of extra time needed in first year but after that you'd need to be putting in a few extra yourself.

I found the IT to be great, good sports facilities, the facilities in the labs are good think they are updating the embedded systems lab over this summer.

Anything else you need just give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leixlipgirl

thank you so much for the info it is very helpful

Advertisement